Are you living a life of balance?
Have you ever felt like distractions and doubts are keeping you from living your best life now? Or, like your life has been stolen from you by other’s needs? Are there things in your life that suck your time and energy?
Are your days full of good energy, you’re motivated and always pointed in the direction you want to go in?
Do you know where you’re going?
I mean, do you REALLY know which way you’re headed? Are you happy with your life right now? Or, are you just reacting to what’s thrown at you? Perhaps what you allow?
Life happens. We all have something. Either we’ve been on a path that hasn’t worked out for us financial or work-wise, we’ve had our hearts broken, we’ve had to overcome illness – something. We are all challenged at some time or another.
FIRST, you have to wake up in the morning with some kind of a plan. Don’t wake up and first thing check your phone messages and your email. That’s like giving away your power and your focus and can easily take away your motivation and your plan for YOUR day.
Are you creating the life you want? Or are you plagued with worries and fear? Do you have passion and fulfillment in your life? Or, do you say yes to too many people, giving away hours of your day?
Want to get your life back? Don’t feel obligated to serve other’s needs. Of course, we all want to help and please do! We all should be helping and loving our neighbors and friends. Why that’s the Golden Rule. But, guard your time, especially your mornings. Mornings are great for reflecting, dreaming, praying, reading and then planning. Take some time (even 15 minutes) in the mornings for YOU.
Be conscious of when you’re deviating from your path and from your plans. It can happen a lot, especially these days with so many distractions of our busy lives, our smart phones, computers, friends and bosses.
A short list of great things to implement NOW into your routine could easily be:
- Get enough sleep. I personally like 8 hours and function optimally when I get that. If you have trouble getting and staying asleep, remember to turn off electronics an hour before bedtime and don’t consume stimulants a couple of hours before. A large dose of magnesium helps a lot of people too.
- Eat healthy meals and snacks. Three squares is good. To keep blood sugar at a nice level, aim to eat some protein as snacks like almonds or peanut butter on apple slices.
- Eat less. People that take in less calories (aim for 30% less) tend to live longer.
- Aim for a half an hour to an hour of movement daily. If you can do that in the sunshine, at least outside, that’s even better.
- Pray or meditate or spend some quiet time journaling and/or reading something positive.
- Be grateful. This should be at the top of list and what I think about before I even get out of bed in the morning (my warm bed).
- Surround yourself with lovely things to look at, to listen to and perhaps to smell too.
- Always be mindful of your mind. What are you thinking about? Self-talk is one of the most important things we need to remember to be positive about. We all grew up hearing “no” or “you can’t do that” many times. Let go of that negative stinking thinking and FEEL GOOD NOW!
Are you living your passion?
Why not? Do you even know what that is? What do you need to do to get to that point? This would be the point of bliss, of wanting to jump out of bed and seize the day! Don’t know what your passion is? Take the time to seek someone out that you admire. If it’s a celebrity or someone famous, follow them online (don’t stalk). 🙂 If it’s someone you can have a conversation with, invite them to lunch and have a conversation. Remember though, you are unique and you need to be YOU. Embrace what you learn that you love and leave the rest.
Go out and touch that which you think you want. Like, go and actually sit in that Mercedes or Jag that you think you’d like to drive. Or, go and drive by or tour some BIG houses that you think you want to own. FEEL IT. Feelings are very very powerful! You never know, after touching or experiencing, you may find out that that particular thing or situation isn’t really what you wanted. Or, maybe it is and having put yourself in that space, that 3 dimensional place, your vision might be clearer on how to get that.
Do you have a great idea or are you really good at something? Perhaps this is your passion, this is your direction. What about starting a business? You could just start with maybe a website, perhaps one that can create some online income. You could easily get it out there on social media and start to build upon what you love doing right there!
It’s good to work on balancing our lives, taking care of our minds, our bodies, our spirit and emotions. These are just a few things that are important to living your best life and feeling good NOW.
Have you read Napoleon Hill’s Think & Grow Rich book lately? Get an instant download and gain a bit of positive mindset by subscribing now. Get tips and resources to help you balance your financial life in so many ways.
(c) 2014 by D.C. Brown