You bet it is BUT, not all fat is equal. Let me just clear this up right now. Weather your goal is getting better health wise or losing some weight, you will get great results by eating coconut oil and coconut products. Medium chain fatty acids, like those found in coconut oil, are by far the best and should be consumed daily.
Here are some benefits of eating healthy fat:
- You will feel satiated when consuming healthier fat thereby reducing food cravings and the amount of food you eat.
- You will release anti-fungal properties such as candida. And, in actuality, coconut oil is good taken internally and topically.
- Coconut oil can reduce gas-producing bacteria.
- Getting plenty of oil can help with sagging or wrinkly skin as well as eczema and scaly patches.
- You can support your liver with this oil and combined with vitamin A (found in cod liver oil) as well as bone broth (made with vinegar), is super powerful for this very very important life-sustaining organ.
- By preventing low blood sugar and supporting the adrenal hormones, coconut oil, together with cod liver oil, can help to relieve depression, mood swings AND anxiety.
- Again, used in conjunction with cod liver oil (vitamin A), coconut oil is found to improve thyroid function.
- Symptoms from Hypoglycemia and Insulin Resistance, which are so common these days, are lessened with coconut oil.
- Coconut oil assists with chronic fatigue and low energy. This medium-chain fatty acid supports the thyroid and fights pathogens in the digestive tract.
- Symptoms from digestive issues to include Crohn’s disease and irritable bowel syndrome are soothed with this miracle oil.
- And, lifeless hair and dandruff can be turned into shiny, healthy hair using this coconut oil both internally and topically.
No wonder the consumption of extra virgin, organic coconut oil (found inexpensively at stores such as Costco) is increasing in popularity! I even put some in my morning coffee and afternoon tea! I haven’t researched this… but I believe that my joints get a bit of lubrication too!
So, you think that fat is bad for you? Think again. BUT, make sure you’re eating the right kind of fat!
I hope that you feel compelled to join my newsletter where a few times a week I will be sharing tips, tricks, useful and sometimes amazing or funny stories. Please sign up!
(c) 2013 D.C. Brown