Do you believe that we are the sum of our past, the people that we know and have known and our experiences? I believe that we probably are but I also believe that if being this way doesn’t serve us well, or energize us, we can change.
Have you been striving so hard to make a living that you’ve forgotten who you are? Are you so in touch with yourself that you intuitively know when you need to slow down or walk away, stick with it or start over? I think that so many have been caught up in trying to figure life out, so caught up in making the right connections, making a living, that we’ve lost a lot of ourselves. We’ve lost our vital energy to stay healthy and be joyful.
As one of my favorite doctor puts it: “The care and feeding of our human bodies and souls is not part of our education or values or even our daily planning. Yet, these basic skills are at the root of happiness, at the root of true success.”
You can read his entire post about achieving energy through self care here: Dr. Mark Hyman
These are my simple steps to gain more energy and live life with more energy and pizzazz:
- Eat good food, energizing and alive food. Go organic as possible and avoid as much GMO as you can.
- Get plenty of rest. I always get between 7-9 hours and strive to keep my going to bed and getting up times the same.
- Get some form of exercise daily – walking an hour is super duper and if you can get outside and better yet, in nature, that’s the best.
- Do something you love or something for yourself as often as you can. I know for me, oftentimes time is a restriction, but I love to cook, that’s like therapy for me. Funny, sometimes I’ll be cooking up a storm – meals for days – and my husband will say, “Wow, guess you need a lot of therapy today.”
- Take some time to be quiet. Pray, meditate, do yoga, contemplate. And when you do, try very hard to free your mind of other things and be in a distraction-less place – it’s hard but can be done.
- Drink lots of good water. I always have good clean and alkalized water, or a cleansing tea in front of me. Everyone should be drinking 1/2 of their body weight in ounces daily.
- Surround yourself with loving, caring, positive people. If you have to be around negative folk, limit this time.
- Supplement. Most of us cannot get all the nutrition we need through our food. Always always strive to, but supplementation is something I’ve always done and always recommend.
- Serve others. If you can find it in your heart and make the time, even if it’s just a phone call, do it. It feels wonderful and feeds your spirit and surely gives you energy. I got energized myself last night when my friend Jan Verhoeff, during our recent wildfires, has taken the time to coordinate food for horses. Her phone call was so heart warming and she was so exited – certainly energized. You can read the story HERE
I hope that you enjoyed this information and were able to take away a little tidbit. Please be sure to sign up for future articles! They’re fun and informative.
This by the Self-Care Crusader
(c) 2013 D.C.Brown